Gift Guide | For Her
and by her I mean me...
December 11, 2014
By Buffy York
Ok so this is not the “On Sale” or the “<$50” or even the “We’re in a Recession” Gift Guide for Her. This is the “super indulgent–a girl can dream–I just won the lottery and my husband is not an accountant” Gift Guide. There are a few items on the list that are less $50 and a few that are even on sale, but for what they are, these items might qualify for a luxury tax. Nevertheless, these are some great ideas that any mom, sister, or wife would squeal with delight upon opening Christmas morning. Including your’s truly.
1. Gift cards and memberships are always a good idea. Village Dermatology in Birmingham is right now offering gift cards and for every $100 purchased you receive a bonus $10. They also have a facial membership for $99 a month. Each month for a year you will receive a custom facial (it can be upgraded for a fee) and dermaplaning. Most dermatologists and plastic surgeons offer similar deals so check with yours. Massage Envy has locations throughout the Southeast and offers monthly memberships with massages and facials at low rates for members. Pure Barre has locations all over the United States, and rates vary slightly from location to location but all offer gift cards and special rates for clients who choose unlimited monthly packages. I love my home studio in Homewood. They have classes throughtout they day that start at 6 am and go until 6:35 pm on the weekdays and weekends are loaded with classtimes. Oh and every instructor is amazing.
2. Glamourous Wash Laundry Detergent–I’m sure you are wondering why in the world I would suggest laundry detergent for a Christmas gift. This list is coming to you from a girl that asked for and got a backpack blower for her 30th birthday, but this stuff is not your normal detergent. It smells unbelievable and for the price it better. My friends over at stylebriefs.com did an entire post on it and here they explain why it is so awesome and how to get the most from the bottle. My two favorite scents are Diva and High Maintanence–neither of which are telling of my personality, I own a backpack blower!
3. Silk Pajamas–Because we are never going to go buy ourselves something this indulgent and they are so cozy and just because.
4. Jo Malone–I love all things Jo Malone but right now I am all about her new scent Wood Sage and Sea Salt. This past year I hosted a Jo Malone home party and part of my gift was a hand and body gel in a pump bottle. This is something that I would not buy for myself but I have enjoyed having it by my bathroom sink. When asking my neighbors what their wish list included they all mentioned anything Jo Malone, but especially the body creme. It really is to die for.
5. Clarisonic–These devices are awesome because they clean your face 6 times better than manual washing alone and make your facial products more effective because they can soak into your skin better. If you already own a Clarisonic I am sure you love it, and if you are like me you are always in need a of new replacement brush. Hint.
7. I love lots of different lip balms but this one from Christian Dior is currently ranked at the top of my list. The name, Creme de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm with SPF pretty much says it all. It smells divine and smooths, plumps and protects you lips. Yes please.
8. Handbags–Ok so I would really love a Chanel 2.55 flap bag in cavier leather but that is never going to happen. A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of meeting Kelly Wynne and check out her line of handbags that I admired from afar on The Grove at Ole Miss. The bags I kept noticing over and over were a few bags Kelly made for a store located in Oxford. Kelly is a graduate of Ole Miss but lives in Texas and started her line of handbags a little over a year ago. I am in love with this Sidekick Satchel because it is nice and tailored and the strap can be worn two ways, but the black and gold cobra give the bag a little bit of edge. It is a hybrid of sorts that gets the job done as a classic shoulder bag or a crossbody. In Birmingham you can find Kelly Wynne Handbags at Gus Mayer
9. Aerin Lauder is the grandaughter of cosmetic mogul Estee Lauder, but lets get one thing straight, Waterlily Sun perfume by Aerin is not your grandmama’s Youth-Dew. If you like a clean, crisp fragrance this one is for you. Estee Lauder’s gift with purchase starts today at Saks Fifth Avenue and runs through the 21st. If you spend $80 you receive a gift tote and $225 worth of product which includes the Aerin Rose Hand and Body Cream.
10. Tassle Key Chain–I am on number two of these keychains that I affectionatly call my Muppet for it’s likeness to Animal, the drummer in the Muppet Band. I love my Muppet because I am very prone to misplace my keys and the obnoxiousness of this key chain, much like Animal, does not go unnoticed.
11. Cashmere Robe–see silk pajamas
12. Giles and Brother bracelets–I have two of their original railroad spike bracelets and I would love to have even more. I am not afraid to stack several bracelets on my arm and these are actually quite affordable. I like the smaller spikes but this oversized one makes a statement.
| click the links above or images below to shop Gift Guides for Her |